The DuroStore Has Burned To The Ground!

I am very sad to report that the DuroStore in the Second Life was the scene of a huge explosion yesterday. Apparently, our deuterium-tritium charging station overheated and blew up. Naturally, there was a BIG fire. The building was totally engulfed in flames and is a complete and total loss.

I cannot tell you how unhappy this development makes me. That building was my home away from home, and I loved it like a brother — a real brother, not a stepbrother.

I am sure you will have many questions about this incident. First of all, I must tell you that the explosion of our deuterium-tritium charging station was what we call “an isolated occurrence.” In the First Life, our charging stations rarely explode, and when they do, the fire is usually MUCH smaller.

Also, some of you may be wondering where you can purchase a virtual Prism DuroSport. Sadly, the answer is nowhere. They are no longer for sale. But, if you were lucky enough to buy one, you now own a collectible.

In my last post, I mentioned that we planned to close the DuroStore as a cost-cutting measure. Next week we were set to announce our big Going Out Of Business (in The Second Life) Sale. I have already ordered the signs.

I want to assure all of you that this fire was in no way related to our insurance policy. But, of course, we will be filing a claim for the loss of the building. We have paid our premiums. So why not use the policy now that we need it? Especially after wasting all that money on “going out of business” signs.

While you are crying about the DuroStore, I might as well break even more bad news to you. Otto, the Durosport Security Robot, was also killed by the fire. We here at the DuroSport headquarters send our regards to Otto’s robot family.

The video below was reconstructed from various surveillance cameras watching the store 24 and 7. Please say goodbye to our fine store while it burns down.

Comments are closed.